Civic hacking is making an impact. Courage is best known for bringing its tech savvy into local governments to help fix civic problems. We were contracted to:
- Support the Citywide Technology Innovation Program (CTIP).
- Redesign and implement a citywide framework and process for Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process to support innovation and total cost of ownership objectives.
- Support and facilitate OCTO participation and support of DC Tech startup community ecosystem.
Courage brought in a small, full-time team of experienced, innovative agile practitioners and entrepreneurs, and supplement with part-time subject matter experts as needed.
This multi-disciplinary team worked simultaneously inside the government with OCTO program managers; the CTIP and extended agencies of the DC government; as well as with the external innovation ecosystem, including outreach programs from the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development.
- Courage performed necessary outreach, "getting out of the building" as a Lean principle requirement, connecting OCTO with the DC Tech community at the Hive incubator in Ward 8.
- Created the CTIP strategy.
- Supported the publication of the District's open source data strategy and policy.
- Trained OCTO's Program Managers to run Agile, which is still in use today.